UASA is a membership driven organisation meaning its policy and direction is moulded and driven by the members.
Members are enthusiastic and committed trade unionists who organise fellow workers to deal with workplace challenges collectively. Day in, day out, they give freely of their time and energy to supporting their colleagues at work and building UASA at grass roots level.
We have workplace representatives dealing with all different workplace issues such as health and safety, pensions, disciplinary assistance etc.- all of them dedicated to stand up for fellow colleagues and improving working lives. Representatives are also involved in the union’s branch, regional and national structures.While new members join up individually, majority of members have been recruited by fellow UASA members. The more members UASA recruit, the stronger our voice and influence gets in the workplace.
In summary, UASA offers trusted support in respect of:
- Collective bargaining
- Retrenchment consultations
- Discipline and Grievance
- Legal assistance
- Dispute handling
Members enjoy the following benefits:
- A funeral benefit which covers the member, spouse and four children under the age of 21
- Maternity benefit after completion of 12 months membership
- Study grants paid out annually to successful applications
- Members get 20% discount at UASA’s own Marlicht Holiday flats in Margate
- 086 100 8272 UASA 24/7 Call Centre hosted by Europ Assist. It provides instant access to medical emergency evacuation,
roadside assistance, legal helpline, teacher on call and many more.