TO: ALL MEMBERS OF UASA-THE UNION: ANGLO AMERICAN SA COAL
FROM: FRANZ STEHRING
DIVISIONAL MANAGER: MINERALS
DATE: 24 NOVEMBER 2020
SUBJECT: S189 CONSULTATION FEEDBACK
The second consultation session in terms of section 189 of the Labour Relations Act 66 of 1995 took place on Friday, 20 November 2020. This session was under the facilitation of the CCMA.
UASA as part of Organised Labour responded to CoalSA’s submissions provided to the parties on 16 November 2020 orally and by submitting written submissions. CoalSA responded to the submissions orally and ageed to furnish more detailed written submissions in response to the further queries raised by the representatives, by close of business on Tuesday, 24 November 2020.
The following process steps were also agreed on as the next steps in the process:
1) The third CCMA facilitated consultation session will take place on 3 December 2020.
2) The parties will have a bilateral meeting on Tuesday, 01 December 2020.
3) Parties agreed that the VSP applications opened at the beginning of the consultation will be closed on 20 November 2020. Thereafter, VSP applications will be reopened from Monday, 23 November 2020 to 11 December 2020. During this period, the VSP applications submitted during the initial VSP opening will be be adjudicated.
4) The company will present the structural consultation plan to the consulting parties by close of business on Monday, 23 November 2020 for parties to review and give feedback. Structural consultations will commence as soon as consulting parties agree and will take place at the departments. Representation from the central section 189 will form part of the consultation sessions.
5) Employee representatives will discuss the proposed selection criteria on Thursday, 26 November 2020 during the arranged representatives meeting and give feedback to company management thereafter.
6) Redeployments will commence once the parties have agreed on the selection criteria to allow current vacancies and vacancies that will open up as a result of approved VSPs.
7) Coal SA has agreed to prepare and present a labour plan taking into consideration vacancies, VSPs and confirmation of positions to reflect the actual impacted positions. This will enable UASA as part of Organised Labour to assist our members to apply for transfers as part of avoidance measurements.
UASA wish to reinforce our commitment to our Members that SA Coal implement a fair and transparent consultation process.
As UASA has always executed on well-thought out mandates from its members which will secure and add value to your future to allow you to choose which union to belong to!
Please contact the people below for more information:
Sector Manager: Alwyn van Heerden – 0833841059/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Operational Manager: Robert Potwana – 0790211529/ email@example.com
Yours faithfully FRANZ STEHRING DIVISIONAL MANAGER: MINERALS